Join the Young Leaders Council
The Schools Triathlon is more than just a sporting event. It's an opportunity to connect young people across the country who want to campaign on issues they are passionate about, using their incredible Youth Power. For 2021, Restless Development has developed a special training programme for 8 fascinated minds to grow their campaign and leadership skills by learning how to solve some of the challenges faced today. The Young Leaders Council will be a place where we can explore ideas, learn about the world, gain valuable skills and boost confidence to solve problems you see around the world that are unfair. This is a superpower in itself. The group will decide what issue they want to focus on, such as Climate Change or Global Health, and exercise their creativity by coming up with actionable solutions. The sessions will be fun, educational and interactive with discussion, workshops and games, as well as hearing from guest speakers and the chance to join a webinar with young leaders from around the world.
A bit about the programme.
- The programme will run once-a-month video-call sessions until the summer, connecting triathletes across the UK and equipping them with the skills to find solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges.
- Cover topics such as awareness raising and advocacy.
- There will also be a series of guest speakers who are experts in their field; from Advocacy Campaigns, Global Health to Climate Change.
- The Young Leaders Council will be invited to spaces where young leaders across the world will discuss how to achieve the Global Goals by 2030. Participants will have a chance to ask their burning questions.
- After each session participants will be asked to complete a piece of homework that will be used in the next session.
- Support will be provided every step of the way.
- This programme will be suited to young people who are curious and inquisitive, they see a problem and are eager to find solutions.
How to apply:
- Anyone aged 10 - 13 and taking part in the Schools Triathlon can apply. Siblings of triathletes can also apply.
- Fill in this google form.
- Applications close on Monday 11th January at 9am.
- The council will be selected based on their application.
- Applicants will be notified via email 2 weeks after the application process has closed.
- All abilities welcome.
- The workshops will take place at 6pm on the first Tuesday of each month.
So what are you waiting for? Come join the movement of young leaders ready to change the world.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Charlotte on email@example.com.